Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thoughts about a new Welsh flag for Dark World?

Ok, not happy with the ones I made for France so anyone want to help out with it? Last one I basically just added some text and a few silhouetted images.

I like the last one best, specially the addition of ou mort! Dont' know if you've ever read a translation of La Marseillese but it's extremely bloodthirsty. What looks quite nice is if you take the basic second from bottom flag and add the bottom segment of the one above - just the bottom two panels with the fleur de lys,not the shield bit, then it forms a kinda cross with two panels of fleur de lys and the bottom segment with Liberty, guillotine etc. May have to replace the fleur de lys on Lib's left though, not sure what with ?

Well, as you know, I do save these as psd's so anyone who would want to have a stab at it only needs to ask and I'll gladly send it along. And as for your suggestions, something more like one of these?

Yeah, I was thinking the other way round with the quadrants at the top? But send em to me as before if you like and I'll have a tinker ...

You asquare? Lol, if you're around get on Facebook and I'll send it there.

Ferretmania is working on the UDK one all on her lonesome so I've got at least two people working with me on this including yourself. Impmon tells me she can't even spell apm let alone work on one

Still working on it. I'm horrible at this sort of thing lol, but I'm trying and I have to hunt down some clip arts I can use.

Cornwall and one for a Commonwealth within Europa that's incomplete.

They look good! What's the symbolism? Do you want any help on it/them? I think Cornwall is very strong ...

The Commonwealth one is a bit narrow and I envisioned adding small flags to the top and bottom but we don't have the flags ready lol. I was also thinking about changing the upper left red white and blue corner as I already have France represented... maybe Italy but not sure how we'll do that just yet as our ITALIAN expert DocMikeB seems a bit shy about contributing (hrmmmphhh)

So the Commonwealth one needs work and is incomplete.

The Cornwall one I turned their flag into a saltire but decided to keep it black and white. Added some Celtic knotwork sorta like what I was saying about the UK/British flag you've been working on but in a different way. The swords I just thought would be a good addition and I used one just like it on the Commonwealth flag but inverted the color. As for the skull wearing a crown, I dunno. It just kinda came to me and I liked the way it looked. So I greatly like the way it turned out.

So maybe the Commonwealth flag to see what you can figure out as it stumped me when I got it that far so I left the top and bottom portions empty for now.