January 18, 2021, 04:51:09 am
The Dark Side of Fantasy...
Mobile Main Menu
Contests & Challenges
Started by Armorbeast, September 01, 2019, 06:04:13 pm
September 01, 2019, 06:04:13 pm
: September 27, 2019, 05:33:53 am by Avros
All around us is a world of tremendous beauty where we go about our day to day lives living without noticing those things which have been abandoned. Old buildings, cars, farm equipment and living things like abandoned pets and people. At one time, all these things had a purpose, were loved and enjoyed the light just as we ourselves do. But, along the way, something happened and these things became abandoned.
It is often said that the reason we believe in ghosts and hauntings is because those things we abandon or forget still possess a life if only because of some form of living memory that survives even after we abandon these places. Haunting us with memories of the past in ways that those things still in use cannot until they too are abandoned.
One looks at a ruin and wonders about the past. You can almost see the building being built, lived in and the purpose it once held. You see an abandoned pet and know that someone once loved it or that at least it was in their lives cared for and a part of a family. You see someone homeless on the street and you can sense their past and the things which led to them living where they are.
Being abandoned is always sad and it is this sadness which we seem to sense and which creates wonder in our minds.
This month asks you to take the concept of abandonment and turn it into an image. To create something which to you seems to have once had a purpose, that was loved and was cared for... but today, these things lay in ruin and are abandoned.
Or maybe, it's just something that was abandoned for the best of reasons like buildings that were designed for war efforts where the intent was to do harm... then again, maybe such harm was unintended.
Abandoned is a word that can have many meanings and we're asking you to focus on finding one for your artistic endeavors.
IMPORTANT: ALL Prize lists MUST be in within TWO days after the contest is over. please remember to include prizes in order that you might like them along with links to the items you want unless its a gift card item, email address and usernames and for software/shippable items please include real names and home address thank you
1) First and foremost, we want everyone to enter. If you do not wish a prize but want to participate in the spirit of showcasing your talent, we will be creating a list of those members who will officially receive a DSA No Prize. We've had trouble in the past where members enter who actually do not want to win. These members don't want to take anything away from members who are participating to win prizes and we've had issues in the past where we tried to accommodate these members but not every judge understood or read comments by the artist not to choose their image. When the official contest topic is posted, we would like any member who only wants to participate in the spirit of competition to contact us and we will officially add them to the No Prize list.
2) Your images must follow the theme to the best of your ability. But how you do this is up to your individual creativity and imagination. So ask if you have questions about the theme.
3) There is a post limit of one image a day... no reworks as all images must be original for this contest. Try adding different races and different cultures... explore the variety that makes up who and what we are.
[4) Images cannot be posted anywhere else for five days and must include links to this contest or statements that it is for this contest.
A) Images posted late will be excluded from judging
5) Artistic nudity is allowed but our rules on child nudity apply. No child nudity is allowed. This is defined as genitals and nip's so cover them up or risk violating our rules. A good alternative would be anime.
6) The contest is open to any medium that you wish to use. You can enter with Computer generated images, hand drawn, painted, or any other type of medium you can think of. Make note of the prizes being offered as only rarely might they not be 3d oriented.
7) We consider it trolling if criticism about content is made when images are within the rules.
Unless otherwise specified, make sure to add an alternate prize selection should you want a bundle or partnered item. Some of our sponsors allow this, some do not and some may on certain items of which we have no way of knowing.
9) Consider adding some written text to explain your illustrations to help others better understand your image and leave comments on the entries of fellow contestants to show your appreciation.
10) Make sure to check and see if the prize you have won is a coupon or a gift certificate. If it clearly says it is a coupon, do not apply it as a gift certificate at the sponsors site or vice versa.
11) The theme should focus on images inspired by what you consider to be Abandoned
12) Include the following information ~
A) Username (for DSA and sponsors site)
B) Email Address
C) Real Name & Physical Mailing Address (for software and physical prizes)
13) Beginning June 1st, 2015; At the end of the month contests will be judged within 7 business days. Winners will be contacted but are also expected to check back in to avoid oversights barring unforeseen circumstances.
Again, please click the link at the top of the rules list to view the page set aside for this specific rule and discussion.
14) Winners will provide a list including each sponsor in order that they would like to have the prizes. We will then choose what prizes you win on a first come, first serve basis. Our First Place winner will receive the first item on their list which will be removed from all other winners lists. Our Second Place winner will be given the first item remaining on their list and so forth. When each winner has been awarded a prize, we will begin again with the First Place winner until all prizes are awarded.
A) Our normal monthly contests will have 5 winners. Our larger contests will have up to 31 winners. We will alert members should this change at any time or if the sponsors have alerted us to award items to runners up.
B) You may provide a list to us at any time during the month. Providing the list does not guarantee a prize. Items given to runners up, if any, will come from these lists or be donated by prize winners.
If you do not provide the items you would like where you have won a "choice" of items from the sponsor, on the list you provide to us, you will have 5 business days after notification to contact us. It is unfair that, in cases where a sponsor provides a prize to multiple winners, that winners who reply quickly must wait of winners who reply late.
16) Remember, if you have any questions, please ask them in the contest topic so that staff or fellow members can explain and help you to understand rules or themes in our competition
One $100 gift certificate from Renderosity
Prize: three items of choice from Mortem Vetus RENDEROSITY ONLY
$50.00 Gift Certificate From Forender
$25.00 Gift Certificate From Forender
$12.00 Gift Certificate From Forender
$12.00 Gift Certificate From Forender
$12.00 Gift Certificate From Forender
(New Rule ~ Forender Wants To Spread Things Around A Bit More. So If You Have Won From Them Recently, Please Choose A Participant That You Would Like To Donate This Prize Too)
One Item of Choice From HinkyPunk (No Daz Originals to be on safe side)
One Item of Choice From Mercenary Studios
One Item of Choice From AngellsGraphics
One copy of DSA Lycan DreamslayerVisions
One Item of Choice From Avros
One Item of Choice From Spookielilone(NO DAZ ORIGINALS)
One Item of Choice From Jepe (No bundles, No Daz Originals or partnered items)
One Item of Choice From Hongyu from Renderosity or DAZ3D (No partnered items or bundles)
One Item of Choice From Prae(no items partnered with Rpublishing)
One Item of Choice From Darwins Mishap (NO DAZ ORIGINALS NO PARTNERED ITEMS)
One Item of Choice From Sveva NO PARTNERED ITEMS
September 02, 2019, 07:16:24 pm
this sounds fun!
Full Hearty Members
Location: Eastern USA
September 07, 2019, 09:15:13 pm
Well done, AB
A picture is a poem without words. - Horace
September 28, 2019, 12:17:28 am
What should the pic dimensions be? The ones in the gallery look squished.
September 28, 2019, 07:43:30 am
They should be normal dimensions. With the recent bug attack, the settings for gallery images may need adjusting. I'll pass this on to Avros and have him take a look.
October 02, 2019, 06:25:35 pm
We have our winners for Septembers contest...
1 renecyberdoc Abandoned - The Sound of Silence
2 aqua1955 Abandoned
3 inonit Gone but done rotting
4 TheKatster Junk Yard Sam
5 : sriesch Abandoned - future past
As always guys, great job and I hope all who entered enjoyed this one.
October 02, 2019, 10:15:52 pm
Thanks, and congratulations to the other winners as well!
FYI, I don't seem to be getting email alerts to threads on the new site at all, such as this thread although it is set to "receive emails and alerts" (just in case any of the winners doesn't respond, that may be why?)
October 03, 2019, 02:16:23 am
wow wow wow congratzz to all the winners -and yes i am overwhelmed first time i made first place (i think lol) keep up the good work guys.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Location: Orwell, Prince Edward Island
October 03, 2019, 06:03:07 am
Congratulations to the winners in the September Contest and thank you for choosing mine as one of the winners. I've sent my prize list off to Impmon.. I've been off line trying to cope with some personal stuff so haven't been on top of sending off my list earlier.
You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish.
Contests & Challenges
Terms and Rules
Go Up ▲