Poser 2010 Question

I recently was forced to upgrade from Poser 8 to Poser 2010, (Poser 8 stopped functioning after my system tried to download some not requested Windows 10 components). Now that I have Poser 2010 can anyone tell me how to add the various components like characters, poses, lighting, hair, clothing, and scenes that I have accumulated since I started with Poser 8. Smith Micro assured me they were compatible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    iamboo
    A picture is a poem without words. - Horace

I am not the best with details but I believe I can try to be of some help

being a poser 10 user

I have poser 7 as the location of all of my files I didn't wanna try to move them

when you open poser to the right side of the screen there's an add library button

Click image for larger version

Name:	button.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	5616

click it then just navigate to the location of your poser 8

if you are like me and have files in both the normal runtime and downloads this process has to be repeated twice

I will let you know how I make out. Is there a special installation method for new items?

I install everything manually into folders but I think all posers have an installing button.. somewhere

I have my Runtime folder on my D disk and when I install a new version of Poser I just add my runtimes from there. Then I can reload all my past Poserscenes. The problem could be that the Runtime folder grows. But I have inside the folder made folder for the most figures and so. Like V4, M4, Scenes, Hair and so. I think it works ok. When I got Poser Pro 11 I had some problem with dirict install in Poser Pro's runtime (something requires that). So I just mowed my Poser 10 install to my Runtime folder and can now install that there, because there are a Poser installation there. I so just add the Poser 10 Runtime to my Poser Pro. It works for me.

For some unknown reason, since I migrated to Poser 2010 I no longer have Victoria 4.2. Does it make a difference compared to Victoria 4? Some days by the time I find my head I forgot why I was looking for it.

I think with all the updates from Poser 8 to Poser 10 all still would work. Why? I worked years with poser 5 and stepped further with poser 8. Today I still work with as well Poser 2012, 2014 and 10. It is only that Poser sometimes can't use files that not are made for it, but then gives the notice that it is a newer file and will try anyway to help you with your file. Did you try to search manual for your files in your PC for the files of V4.2. Just go to your C disk and search through you whole PC. If you bought the file from Daz3D it is also still there downloadable. If you updated Windows each time your new files of Poser can be placed into your cloud and your old files on your C disk or were you placed them.
    I still use all my files from the beginning in 2002. Everything works fine and that even do files made for poser 4.
    My advice would be search first inside your PC. A file does not disappear without deleting it. Did you have a second disk where you put your files? A external runtime?
    Wish you luck to your search.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua1955 View Post
    Poser 8 stopped functioning after my system tried to download some not requested Windows 10 components
    Please give attention to your updates. They sometimes look not to be downloaded and sometimes even want, but are updated anyway in a next update.
    I have seen a lot of people who could not manage their computer because of missing some new files. You installed poser 10, so there should not be any troubles for now.
    To that End of service for Windows Home, Pro, and Pro for Workstation editions on the 12th of may 2020. After that they will serve you with 5 extra years with security files.

Aqua1955, Your response is quite helpful. I have resorted to installing all new add ons into one runtime library which I use for all versions. It made the transition from Poser 10 to Poser 11 almost seamless.

Best,
    iamboo

Quote Originally Posted by IamBoo View Post
    Aqua1955, Your response is quite helpful. I have resorted to installing all new add ons into one runtime library which I use for all versions. It made the transition from Poser 10 to Poser 11 almost seamless.

Best,
    iamboo
    Great to know. Have fun with Poser ;)