Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The stories for the European regions of Dark World I have not really developed and will need to add more stories to provide ideas how I chose what I did so we can see what needs changed and where others can see where they might pick up. Most of the nations furthest north will have some elements of what I called the Werewolf Nations just as Antarctica is now under the dominion of vampires. So we might see some flags with werewolves and vampires symbolism included.

Looks good AB. About the Fleur de lys. I would replace it with something different. Because the Flag of the Revolution, with Marianne and the Guillotine did not fit. Fleur de lys was a sign of the king, Monarch and Catholic Church and Saints . And as we all know, they all loose their head in front of Marianne .lol Except we spin a story around those two symbols.

One of the most beloved and famous kind of France was François Ier .
    His Symbol was a Salamander and shell. (See pictures of his famous castle
    Château de Chambord. ) Maybe we can adapt from here something for the flag too.
    This King was the one which give Leonardo da Vinci Asyl after he had to leave quick Italy. He gift Leonardo his own little Castle Le château du Clos Lucé where Leonardo spent his last years in peace.
    The King and Leonardo was very close friends. Also with the Kings sister Leonardo was very close. She support his art with money and her status as the kings beloved sister. The king was on Leonardo's death bed till the end and legends say that he almost collapse when his old friend die.

I can not upload the image files.

That is possible as this is still all up in the air. Won't be too easy making it work though. And who said a new king wouldn't have been crowned during the Revolution

Well I do hope your husband makes a full recovery Lorna. Traveling 25 miles is not an easy travel no matter where you are let alone the toll it takes on the patient. Hope you get feeling better also and don't worry, when you have time and feel creative, I'm sure you'll get back into things. But, as you said, it does sound like you had a very bad week... let's hope things get better. Sending warm thoughts your way

Not a lot of images of the mythical salamander to use nor much in the way of monitor lizards which is kinda what it looks like.

There was no new king during the revolution. The reason for the revolution was to remove all adel and noble .The Noble's who don't cooperate , get executed. Robespierre establish a reign of terror. Everybody which was suspected to be an "Monarchist" , get executed.
    It was even enough to say Monsieur to your neighbor ,instead "citoyen " to loose your head. The war in Vendeé as example, goes in the French history as a Genocide on the own population in the history books. All sympatisant's with the Monarchie ,begin a fight for their "King". Between 300.000-700.000 get killed during this time. ( Historic Professor's still don't know the real number) . The army from the Revolutionist , kill everybody in this area which was not fast enough to escape. Children old, woman, man,sick..
    This detail of the revolution is know as the "Guerre de Vendeé".
    I think this story gives an interesting detail how we maybe can spin a nice story here. Monarchie against the Citoyens . Farmers (Vendeé) against Bourgeois
    Still can not upload pics

To answer a few questions from your mail.
    We have here in France "département's . You call them in the US States.
    The former President Holland , made a few changes here. Put département's together . Where not everybody was happy about and still try to reverse this decision .
    We have here in a Central Government which is in Paris. Every decision goes over the Assembleé Nationale ( In Paris) which is working in the same way like the Assembleé Nationale during the revolution. Or at last similar .In some very special cases the President can over vote the Assembleé Nationale. But this law get used very rarely , because the French hate it and there is always a chance for the presidents go get removed violently when they over use it. lol
    Of course there are some small "freedom" for the département's , but mainly they have to follow Paris .
    Probably the reason why we have so many manifestations lol

Not so far away where I live now, we have a so called "Devil's lake".
    A whole Village disappear here over night . Only Ruins and the little Chapel stay intact .
    Legends say that the Devil took all the people here and lead them into the lake.
    Some people say, you still can hear in some nights the bell of the chapel and than you should avoid to go near the village ruins and the lake. People who dare , disappear .

I have problems to upload any pics. Sad, because I have a nice pic of the creepy lake.

Wikipedia ,but only in French sorry https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_de_la_Maix

I will upload in my own Gallery some pics and link them here

http://gallery.anima-gemini.com/piwi.../30/category/7
    Last edited by Ladonna; March 31st, 2018 at 07:54 AM.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_byzantin Some nice stuff here also.

Can you fix please that I can upload pics? Can even not upload a avatar or look Gallerie pics. Have only the permission to write here lol