November DAZ Challenge... Spookiness of Samhain

Samhain is an ancient Celtic celebration marking the end of the harvest season and the onset of Winter... the darker half of the year. The Halloween movie franchise is based around it and people may remember the movie Trick 'R' Treat with Sam, the midget antagonist throughout the film.

Your challenge this month is to do spooky artwork that evokes the feeling of Samhain. It's about interpretation as well and some link it to the Days of the Dead holidays celebrated elsewhere in the America's with its facepaint and skull cakes. You interpret this as you wish.

Ideas might be an old abandoned building, a dark road with trees that have shed their leaves, pumpkins, scarecrows or maybe even a bit of a focus on the ancient Celts. But, if you can't really think of something related to Samhain, then think of something spookie that puts a chill down your spine.

Use your imagination as this months theme is a bit more loose than usual but it has a lot of possibilities. It's not a Halloween or horror contest... it's just spooky

Prize

One $100.00 Gift Certificate From DAZ3D

Currently, Asia... but it changes fairly frequently... We're a family that loves to travel :)
    I am glad for this... My brain was on hiatus last month for multiple reasons and barely got to do my favorite halloween stuff, so I'm happy for a chance to do more Samhain stuff Thank yoU!

Like with Christmas, a lot of people still have their Halloween decorations out. Then you have Days of the Dead and other celebrations in November that continue the Halloween theme... and then there are pumpkins (of course lol). So it's just natural to give this one a focus for November.

You can even do Thanksgiving art since Samhain was about slaughtering animals preparing for Winter and feasting. So, ironically enough, even celebrating Thanksgiving fits this theme.

Our winner submitted a photograph of themselves

It Comes Out At Night
    Congrats Allyndn