Many are calling this a cinematic masterpiece and one of the best superhero movies ever. Released to foreign markets first who are less familiar with the character, it had already made hundreds of millions of dollars in box office before it was even released here in the US. Here, we are familiar with the blond-haired, blue-eyed pansy version of the character from decades of comic books and cartoons that created one of the lamest heroes ever. However, Jason Mamoa's version totally reinvents this character making something cutting edge from it and powerful. While the character was somewhat wasted in the Justice League movie, in his own standalone film, almost everyone agrees Mamoa rocks even if the stigma of old yellowbelly is keeping many Americans from going to see the movie as here, it's not doing near as well as outside the US.

If you get a chance, go give it a watch as I hear from everyone who has seen it that it's truly a great movie (and I'll go see it myself if I snag some cash by my birthday on the 2nd )