Stop the puppy mills

http://www.causes.com/causes/789711-...cycle-of-abuse

Help put a stop to the puppy mills

many thanks

Wolves
    May the trail rise to meet you, may the wind be always be at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face

It's sad to see what people do to these animals and it would take so little for them to treat these dogs humanely. Why keep a dog in a small cage it can barely move around in and then practically starve it or leave it to lay in it's own filth by not cleaning the cages. These aren't chickens and yet, I think the government would do more about chickens being abused like this than it does dogs. Always remember, go to a local shelter if you need a pet as if you take the profit out of doing this... then, it will stop!

I really don't understand how people can treat animals like that.
    My dog (a black labrador) died three years ago and I still get a lump in my throat when I think of her and think of how she made my life more valuable.
    Thing like this are hard to change as long as the people in power do not change their way of thinking but every person can help a little by donating to such worthy causes.
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

As long as people buy pets from pet shops, this sort of thing happens. It's not just puppies however as parrots and many other animals go through the same things. This is why it's best to buy from shelters and if you must buy from a pet shop, buy from shops which raise their animals "in shop" or with registered breeders who have open doors where you can visit or even visit via the internet. PAWS operates no kill shelters across the country where they seek out "foster" parents for pets that come into their care where they use animal hoarders and average citizens to care for animals. The animals are spayed or neutered, they're given their shots and PAWS even helps with food while providing free healthcare. Their process works as the only animals they kill are ones so far gone there's no chance for survival... compare that to PETA with it's 95% kill rate and no such programs to help with care which gets a hundred times more donations than PAWS and pockets much of the money.

It's a matter of priorities and doing things the right way as we've had the ability to shut down the puppy mills for decades. But people put their trust in groups like PETA to do this for them rather than doing it themselves or investigating to see what PETA was doing to see if they were worth the trust and donations given to them... that's the problem and PAWS works by telling us we create the problem, and we alone can fix it by taking in extra animals for foster care, putting stray cats to work in barns keeping the rats away and training dogs to help humans with disabilities.

The reason it's still happening is we put our faith in others to do things for us and we chose wrong so now, we must rethink our views and put our support behind groups like PAWS which are almost 100% successful in their stated goals where groups like PETA have deceived us to make a buck while eliminating almost every animal they've taken in to maximize their profits.

If it's not one bad guy, it's another isn't it