Serious Question Time For Diabetics

Ok, I am now on the pen... insulin that is and taking ten ml's a day. I read where it says to store unused insulin in the fridge and keep the one I'm using out.

Now, having just started this, I'm sure I'm going to make mistakes but I followed all the instructions and thank god the new needles don't hurt at all... kinda felt like sticking a leather chair cushion with a needle.

I did test it first by using 2 ml's so I know the needle would work.

So I think I have the basics but I'm worried about handling it after the fact. I put them in the very bottom of my firdge (the unused pen) and I am keeping the one out that I am using... is this correct? The one I'm using is supposed to be warm right?

I am using the Lantus Solostar insulin pen in case this matters.

If you have diabetes and are worried about insulin, maybe this can help you as well because I was scared to death of the needles but these honestly do not hurt.

Now I just gotta get up the cash for my OneTouch Verio IQ test strips and I can actually see if this is working lol.

Sorry can't help with the pen because I use insulin needles. Insulin when taken does not have to be warm. I keep my insulin in the fridge all the time except when I am traveling.

As far as your test strips the doctor should provide you with a prescription. My test strips only cost me $15/100 with a prescription.

Hope this helps.

_______
    Sarge

Thanks, I have mine in the bottom of the fridge. That's what confused me as the information provided with this says keep all the insulin in the fridge but the one I am using needs to be left out and it needs to be allowed to warm up before using and I am on a low dosage to begin with at 10 mlts and I'll move up to 20 after about a week. So I thought it best to ask and see what other people with diabetes do to make sure I do this right.

Thanks for replying.