Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recipes... Cause Of Eating Good (Or Eating Healthy)

I don't want to fill this forum with recipes so how about one topic and you post some recipes for good eating... or healthy eating if you want lol.

Cheeseburger soup

A local restaurant serves a similar soup but wouldn't share their recipe with me. So I developed my own, modifying a recipe for potato soup. I was really pleased at how good this "all-American" soup turned out. —Joanie Shawhan, Madison, Wisconsin

Ingredients

1/2 pound ground beef
    3/4 cup chopped onion
    3/4 cup shredded carrots
    3/4 cup diced celery
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    4 tablespoons butter, divided
    3 cups chicken broth
    4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    2 cups (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
    1-1/2 cups milk
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup sour cream

Directions

In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.

Cheeseburger soup

Recipe #2 Because you can't have cheeseburger soup without double cheeseburger soup or bacon (very popular now on everything)

Bacon Double Cheeseburger Soup

DoubleCheeseburger soup

A tasty and hearty soup with all of the flavours of a bacon double cheeseburger.

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
    8 slices bacon (preferably smoked), cut into one inch pieces
    1 onion, diced
    2 carrots, diced
    2 stalks celery, diced
    1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
    2 cups beef broth
    1 (~12 ounce) bottle/can beer (gluten free for gluten free)
    1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    1 teaspoon dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    2 cups lettuce, shredded
    1 cup milk
    1 cup cheddar, shredded
    1 cup mozzarella, shredded
    cayenne to taste
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tablespoon bacon grease oil
    2 hamburger buns, cut into 1 inch cubes (gluten free for gluten free)
    4 tablespoons pickle, diced (optional)

DoubleCheeseburger soup

Directions

Cook the ground beef in a large sauce an over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes, and set aside.

Cook the bacon in the pan, about 5-7 minutes, and set aside on paper towels reserving about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan and 1 tablespoon for later.

Add the onions, carrots, celery and jalapeno and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.

Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute

Mix in the flour and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.

Add the broth, beer, bacon, beef, potato, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce and tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.

Add the lettuce, milk and cheese and cook until the cheese has melted without bringing it back to a boil.

Season with cayenne, salt and pepper and enjoy!

While the soup is cooking, toss the bun cubes in the reserved bacon grease and bake in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning half way through.

Serve garnished with the croutons and pickle.

DoubleCheeseburger & Bacon

I ate some of this last night and it was great... never tasted cheeseburger soup before but I'll definately eat it again.

Here's an old one I used to make which is similar in some ways to the McDonalds Monster Burger available only by special request but theirs is basically just ordinary burgers piled up so instead of a triple cheeseburger, they give you eight pieces of meat but it's still the same burger... mine isn't. Someone elsewhere was asking me about burgers so I posted it over there first but i thought you might find it interesting.

Cheeseburger soup

It is not widely known but McDonalds has secret items you can order like the eight patty Monster Mac which even many of it's retailers don't know exists... but it does.

Some friends of mine were over Saturday and I made them my version of a Monster Mac.

First is choosing the meat. Hamburger can be anything including soy beans... beef is beef and comprises only meat from a cow. There are different cuts and different tastes based on which part you choose. With me, I use three cuts and two types... ground round, sirloin and plain beef with regular and angus types in regard to this burger. I make the patties thin using a press because the idea here is taste not breaking your jaw trying to eat it... it also allows me to make more at a lesser cost as I have made these for sale at cookouts where I always make a profit and sell out with people waiting for more.

I focus on the taste of the meat more than what's added to it as it's the meat that sells a burger... slapping ketchup and other things like that on your average burger covers up this taste or even destroys it.

I include one angus burger, one sirloin, one ground round with nothing added or done to them as the flavor of the meat is something I want preserved.

But the cheap meat I alter. One patty I add thin strips of precooked bacon to in order to ensure the bacon is thoroughly cooked but still has a bit of fat as I don't want that lost because I want that taste to melt into the hamburger. Another I partially cook and marinate in Jack Daniels... yeah, whiskey but much of this cooks away leaving only the taste so it's as safe as cooking wine basically. One patty I actually partially burn on purpose... why, because if you have ever eaten fried beef you know some people enjoy the texture of it and it tastes different than regular beef. Another patty is char broiled and the last I cook with Chef Paul Prudhommes Meat Magic which can turn any cut of meat into something great and is very good for low grade beef.

Cheeseburger soup

You say that's a lot of work... yes it is. But I do this only when I'm making the ingredients for burgers I put into the fridge to eat over a longer time or when it's a special outing.

When I prepare to assemble the monster burger, I use a traditional charcoal grill because I don't like the taste gas puts into my burgers and it tends to add a flavor that spoils all this work as the Monster Mac I make is designed for you to taste every patty. I always add cheese and I add one slice of American Cheese (the type not patriotism lol) between every second patty with one on top... none on the bottom.

I then bring out typical ingredients like lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions and such which alone add all the intense flavor you could ever want. But it's how I use them that matters as I put the pickles on bottom along with the onions where most put them on top... remember, that piece of cheese is on top and it's a mistake to add anything that might change the taste of the cheese as you can use different types of cheese if you wish, it's just good enough and cheaper to use good ol' American cheese that provides all the flavor you could want. I slice the tomatoes very thin and I place at least two of them between patties without cheese... you can double this up if you want but never under any circumstances should you EVER put tomatoes on the bottom or top under the bread because anything like a tomato which has a lot of juice will make your bread soggy which in addition to the cheese on top and the juices already sinking to the bottom which get on the bottom piece, you're asking for problems. Likewise, lettuce should go inbetween the remaining layers where you haven't placed anything but unlike tomatoes, lettuce is safe to go on top of cheese under the top bun... but always use fresh lettuce which has a crunch as soggy lettuce is only good if it's all you have and you must have it.

Remember, on a hamburger anything soggy or damp will hurt the crispness and texture of your burger no matter what it is.

Well, let's say you want something wet on it. With eight patties, you can get it but don't overdo it. Choose ketchup, mustard, mayo or some form of barbecue sauce you enjoy but put it in the center and don't swirl it around or pour it on as your burgers now have something to slide on and you are going to make a huge mess... that's why you only place it in the center because the texture of the burgers help hold the stack together. If you must have it across the entire burger (which will take away from the taste of the meat and other items so don't do it except this way)... add it to the center as I said above and then rub the burgers together to smear it evenly and thinly on the burger helping to retain the texture. If you want more of this taste, then do the same thing on the layers with the lettuce and tomato as what you lose on the individual patties you make up for on the additional layers in taste.

Lastly, I toast the buns or use Texas Toast bread (by request) and use a small cattle brand I leave in the charcoal to burn the image of a bull into the top of each burger... something stylish any of you can do whether using gas or charcoal that adds not only a special look, it increases the toastiness of the bun. Do I use toothpicks or other items to hold it all together? No, I don't need them because the metal press I use is like a meat tenderizer leaving pits and points in the burger which become reduced by cooking but are still present moreso than mass produced burgers.

Cheeseburger soup

Note that my burger looks better than these as mine is specially made and theirs is slapped together... but I wanted to illustrate the concept.

Another idea I tried last night was using a fondue pot to melt some cheese with some peppers, diced tomatoes, onion and a bit of garlic. I was going to eat it with some nachos but decided to eat it with french fries instead and after dipping out about half the dip for my fries, I tossed a couple of burgers in the fondue pot that I had left over from Monday night along with a few onions, some pickles and a little chili (no beans) to get rid of a few other leftovers. I let the burgers cook for about seven minutes before removing them and putting them on a toasted bun... have to say it, this came out delicious and was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten because the flavor of the things mixed into the fondue pot passed into the burger, the pickles and the onions but only cooked into the outside of the burger leaving an even stronger burger taste in the center for some reason.

If you like to experiment, try this as it really had a strong taste like a bit of a chili burger, a strong taste of American cheese much stronger than just putting a slice of cheese on it and a bit of Mexican salsa taste to it... and I got rid of some leftovers doing it which is good because I normally leave leftovers in the fridge until they spoil lol.

If you have to eat bologna, eat it the right way

he sure made the bologna look mighty tastey, might give it a try one day, except I will add some cloves to the top of the bologna

Lol, see... if you have to eat bologna, this is the way to do it ;)

I just finished my breakfast but I'm getting hungry all over again............................

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelgraphx View Post
    I just finished my breakfast but I'm getting hungry all over again............................
    Every thing on this page looks so good, it does makes one hungry

Pumpkin purée 1/4 cup (not pumpkin pie mix)
    1/4 cup peanutbutter
    1 cup dry oatmeal
    1TBSP vanilla extract
    1TBSP pumpkin pie spice
    1/2 TBSP cinnamon
    3 packets truvia or stevia (or sugar of course)

Try it and see if you like it as I found this on facebook and heard it was extremely good.

Oh my word, I was hungry *before* I looked at these! Thanks so much for posting so many tasty-sounding recipes! =D