map-pin Why Computers?

• Armorbeast
  • Armorbeast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #1637 by Armorbeast
Why Computers? was created by Armorbeast
So, you're wondering why there's a computer forum on what ostensibly is a dark art and entertainment site? If you are using a computer to create your art, then having a computer forum is essential for art and animations... right? Sometimes you're having a computer problem and it's more than just a headache for you because all your art tools are on your computer. Why is my computer so slow? How can I upgrade it? Should I just buy a new computer? What are the latest utilities for creating and improving my art?

The art world is changing again with the introduction of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and we're not going to shy away from it as failure to embrace new tools only serves to leave you stuck in the past. When Poser hit the scene, traditional artists went apeshit against it. This lasted for over a decade. But, during that time, traditional artists began using it more and more to lay out their designs and found they could create better art by using Poser as a creative tool. They might doodle and draw an image but what would it truly look like fleshed out? Poser had its limits as it couldn't produce art that was truly unique. Some artists might be better than others but, overall, it was much the same until you added postwork. Traditional artists figured this out finally and realized they could use Poser to flesh out their ideas quicker to determine if they wanted to spend the hours, days, weeks and months they needed to create a piece of art. Most don't realize it but fleshing an idea out on canvas or even with a 2D art program can take significantly longer than a 3D art program but you can't get the same results from 3D that you can with 2D without significant effort.

This forum will be for computer questions, enhancements and sharing about new tools and developments for improving your art. Hopefully for free (of course) but the advice we can share will be for free as we will never charge you and we hope the videos and information shared in this forum can improve your abilities.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds